RDNS telehealth is the use of video conferencing technology to conduct a real-time video consultation with a nurse over the internet. It is similar to using video chat software, like Skype. As a user of telehealth you will benefit from healthcare services delivered in the comfort and convenience of your own home.
As part of our telehealth program you will have one home visit per week with your RDNS nurse and six visits with a nurse via telehealth. In consultation with you, your family and your carers, we can use technology like telehealth to provide a better range of services that help you live independently at home.
What are the benefits of telehealth?
- increased independence
- greater flexibility for appointments
- less disruption to your usual routine
- reduced social isolation
- you must be willing for the telehealth device to be set up in your residence
- the care you require must be suitable for remote monitoring
What happens in a telehealth consultation?
- you can easily connect to your nurse via a secure video conference
- you will see yourself on screen, as well as the nurse
- you can discuss your health concerns and questions as if you were with the nurse in person
If you choose to participate in the RDNS telehealth program, there is no change to your usual service fees or government funding eligibility. If you are not eligible for government funded services, RDNS can provide your nursing care via telehealth privately, on a fee for service basis.
You will be provided with a device with internet connection.
How can telehealth support you?
Telehealth offers you the freedom to choose how you access healthcare. We deliver a number of services via telehealth; from remote medicines management, parenting care and advice to clinical nurse consulting for wound management, diabetes, continence and dementia aged care.
How can I access this service?
Call RDNS on 1300 33 44 55 and speak to one of our qualified staff to find out more. This line is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.