Healthcare can be a long, and often difficult journey. At RDNS, we provide palliative care if you have a terminal illness. We will try to preserve your quality of life and we will be with you to assist you to die with dignity in your chosen environment.
Our palliative care nurses can assist you by:
- providing expert support anytime, day or night
- helping manage pain and other symptoms
- providing emotional and spiritual support to you and your family, including overnight respite
- arranging any necessary equipment
- working in partnership with your family, doctor and community palliative care service
- providing or arrange bereavement care including grief counselling.
RDNS helps you and your family deal with the many issues that arise at times of serious illness. We have access to social workers and trained volunteers who can provide friendship and support to you and your carers.
Most palliative care services organise non-denominational church services for bereaved loved ones and staff to come together to remember those they have cared for. Speak to your local palliative care service for more information.
How can I access this service?
RDNS provides quality palliative care and links with individual palliative care services that cover all areas of Melbourne and NSW. You can choose RDNS as your primary care provider or you can contact your local palliative care service provider.
Call us on 1300 33 44 55 and speak to one of our qualified staff. This line is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Alternatively, phone Palliative Care Victoria on (03) 9662 9644, or visit their site at http://www.pallcarevic.asn.au/