Every person’s journey is different and those living with HIV have unique healthcare and support requirements.
At RDNS our focus is on providing you with a tailored, holistic approach to your care ensuring you can remain independent and a part of the community.
We have a dedicated and knowledgeable team of Specialist HIV Nurses who offer support and guidance.
If you are living with HIV, our nurses can assist you by:
- advocating for you
- listening and helping you through difficult times
- assessing and monitoring your health
- providing you, your carer and family with education, advice and support to help you live with HIV/AIDS
- working with other healthcare providers to ensure you receive the best care
- providing you with a private and respectful service
- helping you with your medications
- connecting you with other services or support groups
- providing some mental health and social work support
- providing care and support to refugees and asylum seekers who live with HIV
- assess your ability to remain at home or return to work and support you in achieving your goals.
Our specialist nurses are sensitive to issues around confidentiality, respect and empathy and will work side by side with you to overcome the effects of stigma and fear.
How can I access this service?
Call us on 1300 33 44 55 and speak to one of our qualified staff. This line is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.