Cystic Fibrosis is a genetic illness that causes the glands that secrete body fluids to produce abnormal secretions that can cause problems including lung infections and reduced food digestion.
We have a specialist team, including nurses and physiotherapists, who are experts in cystic fibrosis care. This team will work with you and your loved ones on both an individual basis and alongside our general staff, to make sure your health needs are met.
Our nurses can assist you by:
- providing assessment, monitoring and support
- liaising closely with your hospital care team
- providing technical care when it is required at home i.e. portacath and central lines
- caring for you before and after a hospital admission
If you have a child requiring care, our nurses can also:
- visit children at home, crèche, kindergarten or school to provide care and educate child care workers and teachers
- provide information at the time of diagnosis and ongoing support
- visit at the most suitable times to accommodate family time commitments
- advise you on physiotherapy, diet and medication issues.
How can I access this service?
Call us on 1300 33 44 55 and speak to one of our qualified staff. This line is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.