As well as nurses, RDNS also has several occupational therapists, physiotherapists and social workers who work alongside them.
Not only do our occupational therapists and physiotherapists work with people in need, they also work alongside our nursing staff to assess appropriate manual handling and safe work postures for staff and carers.
Our physiotherapists and occupational therapists can assist you by:
- identifying areas where you want to achieve greater independence
- advising you about equipment that may help you
- helping you and your carers to use safe moving techniques to avoid injury
- assessing your mobility and recommending appropriate walking devices
- developing strategies to minimise risks and hazards within your home.
Our social workers can assist you by:
- helping you with counselling and advocacy needs
- advising you on legal and financial issues
- advising you on services such as guardianship and administration, aged care and disability care options
- providing support to you and your family when you are faced with a difficult situation.
- accessing these services.
If you are already an RDNS client, ask your nurse to arrange an allied health referral.
If you are new to RDNS, call us on 1300 33 44 55 and speak to one of our qualified staff. This line is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.