What is a Home Care Package?
A Home Care Package is an allocation of money provided by the Australian Government enabling older Australians to receive support services and remain at home for as long as possible.
There are currently four levels of Home Care Packages, from basic to high level care needs. This allows people greater choice and flexibility in the delivery of their services. All Home Care Packages are delivered on a CDC basis.
Your care, your choices
RDNS Home Care Packages are tailored to meet your unique needs. By assisting you to choose the
care and supports that you need, we can help you to stay in the comfort of your own home.
Your goals are our goals
Your health and wellbeing are our first priority and we’ll work with you to create the best possible care plan, aimed at achieving your personal lifestyle goals.
RDNS Home Care Packages
By choosing to receive an RDNS Home Care Package you will be supported by Australia’s oldest provider of home support services. You will also benefit from your own professional Case Manager, 24 hour support and the comfort of dealing with a trusted, caring organisation.
What kinds of services can we provide?
The services available through Home Care Packages are broad and varied, designed to meet your
Your Care and Service Plan can include, but is not limited to:
- Personal care – including bathing, toileting, dressing and other daily activities
- Support services – cleaning, laundry, gardening, transport, home safety assessment, home maintenance and other areas of general home support
- Clinical care – including general and specialist nursing and other healthcare services as needed
- Skin care – including wound management
- Nutritional support – meal preparation, diet planning and feeding assistance
- Continence management – assistance, products and equipment
- Mobility – personal mobility aids and specialised equipment; and
- Leisure interests and other activities – community activities, hobbies and lifestyle interests.
*Services may vary according to your package level.
To access a Home Care Package, you must first be assessed as eligible by the Aged Care Assessment Service (ACAS in Victoria) or Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT in other states). If approved, ACAS/ACAT will then identify what level of package you’re eligible for based on your individual needs.
If you’d like further information or help in arranging an assessment, pleasev contact us or call us on 1300 33 44 55.
Home Care Package basic fees vary according to your income and personal circumstances. For example, if you’re on the basic rate of pension, your contribution would be no more than 17.5% of the single pension, while someone on a higher income may be required to contribute a greater amount which the Government will determine and advise you.
Income Tested Care Fee Limits:
- Full pensioners aren’t required to pay an income tested care fee, however, a basic fee may apply.
- Part-pensioners and those with equivalent incomes can be requested to pay income tested fees of no more than $5,000 a year.
- Self-funded retiree income tested fees are capped at $10,000 a year.
- The lifetime cap for income tested care fees is capped at $60,000.
To find out more call our friendly Service Planners on 1300 33 44 55 or send us an enquiry.
Special needs groups
Our highly experienced staff can assist you in choosing support services and activities that meet the unique language, cultural, religious, dietary and social requirements.
Speaking your language
At RDNS, diversity is respected and celebrated, and we are lucky enough to work with people from many different non-English speaking backgrounds.
We have language telephone lines so we can communicate clearly with you if English isn’t your first language. These lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Contact our Service Planner
Contact one of our friendly Service Planner team members on:
NSW callers: 1300 665 444
All others: 1300 33 44 55
Download a brochure