As a not-for-profit organisation, fundraising is an essential part of RDNS' funding, providing around $3million dollars for our services each year.
The majority of the donations we receive from individuals and organisations in the community fund additional nurses to respond to the growing demand for our services. Last year, we were able to employ an additional 32 nurses, who collectively made 61,440 visits to clients.
In addition, we were able to:
- Develop free comprehensive diabetes educational packs for clients translated into various community languages.
- Purchase equipment such as syringe drivers and bladder scanners to improve client care.
- Provide more opportunities for nurse education by funding scholarships and training equipment.
- Subsidise disadvantaged clients so they can purchase the best quality wound products that will help them back to health sooner.
- Provide assistance including first aid, medication, nutritional support and health education to homeless people.
- Extend our Homeless Persons Program to the Frankston area, and purchase a car for this service.
- Conduct research in areas such as dementia, skin health and medicines management in order to continually improve the way in which we provide nursing care.
As you can see, your support has a direct impact on many people in need of healthcare. Quite simply, we would not be able to provide the care we do without the generosity of people like you.